6. Deconstructed Menswear: I am just like the next girl – I love a man in a tux. But, I have to admit, the trend of suspenders, vests, and bow ties only has me a thinkin’. Maybe they can look just as manly and handsome dressed down as they do dressed up? I mean – James Bond looks great in just about anything, right ladies?
7. Tasting Cocktail Hours: What do you and your groom enjoy the most? I know I cannot step away from the cheese plates at times…such a guilty pleasure for me. Why not take your cocktail hour and make it a little more memorable for your guests! Set up a wine and cheese pairing for your guests to enjoy, samplings of food from you or your new families heritage, there really are so many options!
8. Dessert Tables – Move over Candy Bars – The Dessert Table is taking over!
You heard it right here! From cobblers, to mini pies and tarts, cake pops, and cupcakes, and cookies, OH MY!! This way each guest will have something that is their favorite to choose from! I know you have heard all about my obession with AlleyCakes – here are some of the displays she has done in the past.
9. Borrowed over Bought – More and more girls are opting for a more “recyled” approach to their wedding day. Re-using their girlfriends wedding decor to save money, borrowing their mothers veil, but have you thought about RENTING not only your Gown, but the bridesmaids dresses, the jewelry, and Yes, even the cake! Check out this link below for some great vendors!
10. Metallics – In 2013 every Bride can have the Midas Touch! If you choose gold, silver, and bronze – there are so many great combonations to really make your wedding pop! Think about touches on table top, cake, bouquets, ceiling decor, attire, paper goods! The possibilities are endless!
Leave a Reply